February 17th, 2020
Our Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) is looking for new members. They invite parents/caregivers of students currently enrolled in one of our schools to apply.
The fundamental fact is that parents + engagement = student success. Your involvement with PIC can help us optimize this equation.
The mandate for this committee is to:
- Provide information and advice on parent engagement to Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB)
- Communicate with and support school councils of the Board through the Waterloo Region Assembly of Public School Councils (WRAPSC)
- Undertake activities to help families support their child’s learning at home and school
PIC meets six times a year to advise WRDSB on policies and issues of concern to parents, and to make suggestions to the Board regarding parent engagement that supports student achievement. PIC members also sit on at least one of their various sub-committees:
- Parents Reaching Out (PRO) Grant Event
- Safe, Caring & Inclusive School (SCIS)
The committee is comprised of parents, as well as representation from the director of education, trustees, school administrators, and community members. You do not have to be a member of a school council to apply.
Applications must be received by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. For more information on how to apply, please visit www.wrdsb.ca/pic.
Thank you for your interest in PIC. We look forward to hearing from you.